For Grandma & Grandpa

2:00 PM




As you may or may not know, my Grandma and Grandpa Haws both passed away in the last year. It's still very strange for me to think about. Never did I think they wouldn't be at my wedding... physically anyways. When Chance and I went to see Grandpa, knowing he probably didn't have a lot of time left, when we were saying goodbye and heading back to Salt Lake, Grandpa promised me he and grandma would be there at our wedding. 

At our wedding after we cut the cake, that's usually when the bouquet toss would be. Not for us. Shortly after we got engaged I knew I wanted to do something different. The bouquet is usually tossed to any single women that are there and whoever catches the bouquet is said to be the next one married. It's a fun tradition! With my bouquet I decided to do something quite opposite. Instead of throwing it to the single women, I dedicated our bouquet to my Grandparents, who had passed away, and their long lasting marriage. They would have been one of the longest, if not the longest, married couples there. They just celebrated their 60th anniversary. How amazing! So we dedicated the bouquet to them and said that we would later put the bouquet on their grave site. Today we got to do that! Luckily my bouquet lasted 3 weeks, unfortunately my grandparents do not have headstones yet. But we placed the flowers on their plots. I'm so thankful for my grandparents and their amazing example of marriage. 






  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

I'd love to hear your thoughts!